So... this isn't an April Fool's joke?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion (no testing in here please)' started by dropbear8mybaby, Apr 1, 2017.

1. dropbear8mybaby

dropbear8mybaby New Member

Clicked on the link that normally takes me to the forums and it sent me here and my account information wasn't valid. Thought it was an April Fool's prank but seems it's... not?

2. jackdeth

jackdeth New Member

It's still March 31 here....

3. ryan

ryan New Member

Yep, same problem here. I think someone messed up :confused:

So here we are. Feel free to play around and try to break stuff. This install is not running on an OCAU production server so you can't hurt the real site by doing anything here. Let me know in this thread if you see anything strange or interesting.

Agg Nov 6, 2016

-----

Obviously if this were a proper live forum we would have a proper welcoming message here. But this is a test forum. So go test stuff!:)

Agg, 6 minutes ago

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  4. Matcat

Matcat New Member

April 1 here

5. Agg

Agg Staff Member

Yesss. As a possibly ill-advised April Fools joke I switched the forums so they resolve to our XenForo test forum. :) But now I realise it's going to be annoying with accounts and passwords and stuff so I might switch it back sooner rather than later..

edit: however, it was a useful test of the cut-over process and highlighted a couple of issues that are good to be aware of. also an interesting test of how these size EC2/RDS boxes cope with a bit of real load.

6. keggy

keggy New Member

i was freaking out a bit thinking wtf is happening why do i have to create another account

7. shaddo

shaddo New Member

Went to read the banter of the misc pics and was like whaaaaaaaa! 404?

Some URL rewriting to map the old threads to the new ones might be a good idea post migration if possible. :)

8. Agg

Agg Staff Member

Yeah, that will all be part of the proper migration. :) This was a bit spur of the moment and on this side of things it's still very much in testing mode.

shaddo likes this.